Share/Bookmark

Chinese 5 spice oatmeal cookie

No comment yet
2.5 sticks of butter room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
...1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (real vanilla not the artificial crap)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon fivespice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh if possible)

chocolate optional

3 cups Quaker oats
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used cashews)
Raisins (Jorge does not like them so these had none)


Mix flour, spices, baking powder

Cream the butter, add the sugar, add the egg and vanilla (taste - this is what your cookie base will taste like- oh well I taste because I love to)

Add the flour mixture (will be super sticky)
...
Change your beater hook to dough and add the oats, nuts and raisins.  

Make a ball - a fat one .. don't be shy... don't make it big so you don't feel guilty but make it fat so you feel it is decadent.

Bake at 375F for 10 min or a bit more if you want it super cooked.. ( I like them chewy and kind of raw)
 

Post a Comment

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 Cooking for me, and maybe... I'll share. | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER