Share/Bookmark

Maple syrup on pancakes

No comment yet
Went to the Greenmarket and got myself some Grade A Medium Amber maple syrup. Flavor is wonderful, but it's not cheap, so I had to understand better what I was about to buy to decide what to put on my pancakes.

Grade A Light Amber is light in color and has delicate maple flavor. It is made earlier in the season when the weather i...s colder.

Grade A Medium Amber is darker and has a discernible maple flavor.

Grade A Dark Amber is very dark and has a strong maple flavor used for cooking and baking.

What is sold as pancake syrup IS NOT maple syrup - it is high fructose corn syrup, cellulose gum, caramel color, preservatives and sodium hexametaphosphate (ingredients copied from Aunt Jemima's website.)

Don't know about you.. but if it tastes better and it is not full of stuff I can't pronounce. I will eat my breakfast with the real thing. 
Check out the health.com article on it http://www.health.com/health/gallery/1,,20464527,00.html .

Post a Comment

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 Cooking for me, and maybe... I'll share. | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER