Share/Bookmark

Fish Pibil (tikinxic)

No comment yet
Mare~ I bought myself an habanero plant... so had no option but to cook Yucateco.

Tilapia en Achiote
1 tilapia filet
1 tbs achiote paste
1 tbs mexican oregano (if you don't have mexican do not add)
3 tbs bitter orange (http://tinyurl.com/66wfpnx)
1/2 tbs white vinegar
1 banana leaf
1/2 red onion slice (use white onion if you can't find it)
Habanero (optional)
1/2 lime

Make a paste with achiote, oregano, bitter orange and white vinegar, salt. Put fish the banana leaf, season with achiote paste, put onion under and over the fish. Wrap in banana leaf. Bake at 400F for aprox 15 min. (Banana leaf may burn. I like it that way, but if you don't, wrap in aluminum wrap before baking.) Open packet, add lime juice. Serve with habanero and black beans.

Post a Comment

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 Cooking for me, and maybe... I'll share. | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER